Agricultural Services cover a wide range of livestock and farming issues. The size of the farm doesn't matter; everything from the one or two animal operation to the multi-thousand are served by Extension.
The Extension offices provide educational information about pasture management, weed identification and control, soil testing, and fertilization recommendations. Certification and Continuing Education Units are provided for pesticide applicators. Hands-on classes are offered in beef cattle reproduction management, livestock handling, herd health, enterprise management, best management practices, use of prescribed fire, forage production and storage, precision agriculture, use of new technologies, and many other subjects.
Upcoming Classes and Events
- Florida MarketMaker
- Cottage Food Law - info from FDACS
- Cottage Food Law - 2012 Florida Senate Statues
- Florida Tax Exemption for Selected Farm Equipment
- Primer for Developing a Farm Business Plan
- Country of Origin Labeling (COOL)
- Understanding the USDA Organic Label
- IFAS Farm Pocket Notebook
- Business Plan Builder
Best Management Practices
- Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Florida Market Bulletin
- Pesticide Information Office
- Pesticide License Information
- Small Farms & Alternative Enterprises
Brevard County Farmers Market
The market is a local producer only market. Visit our website for vendor information.
Brevard County Fair
Join us for the 2014 Brevard County Fair October 23 - November 2 at Wickham Park, Melbourne.